Friday, September 9, 2011

i really just loved it.

I just really loved reading this book.



Charlie first appears to be a quiet, strange and unpopular boy. He is left friendless as a result of his best friend committing suicide a year earlier. One day he befriends two seniors called Sam and Patrick and they, along with their friends, introduce him to a whole new life. They expose him to new music, true friendship, drugs, sex and more complicated relationships.


This story is told through a series of letters that Charlie writes to an anonymous person...and i think that this helps us really see his way of thinking..he isnt afraid to say anything that is on his mind.This is a coming of age story, however it is unlike any I've ever read. I believe this is because Charlie seems so real, so likable and I think he is also really sweet..even though he tells every other character how it is.

Memorable Quotes: 
I love my mom. And this time, I told her I loved her. And she told me she loved me, too. And things were okay for a little while.

"I feel infinite""

No comments:

Post a Comment