Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower- Quotes

I started reading the novel "The perks of being a wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky and i love the format .... it is written as a series of letters from a narrator, Charlie, to an anonymous “friend.” Charlie is a teenager who is about to enter his freshman year of high school and he describes various scenes of his life over the course of one year in these letters. The events Charlie describes in his letters involve a mix of the usual and not-so-typical teenage problems. The letters never get boring, and you can always find yourself relating to something (being around the same age)


Ive been reading this novel for about a week now, and the writing in this novel is unlike anything I've ever read before. I never really get into books but i really love this one. You know when you read a line and you have to go back and re-read it 2 or 3 more times? I usually do that all the time because i get so distracted with everything. But i go back to read it again, not because I didn't understand it, but because I am so taken back by it's beauty that I want to keep experiencing the depth of it's words and aren't quite ready to move on.  I have done this over and over again while reading.  A few lines that really grabbed my attention were:

"So this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be."
"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite."


"We accept the love we think we deserve."
"I put my head under my pillow and let the quiet put things where they are supposed to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment